Friday 1 December 2017

A close encounter

Today Miss Johns came into our class with a bird and a chick that didn't have a mother but he had an adoptive mother. The adoptive mother was a Silkie and the chick was a Australorp. The life cycle of a Silkie is Eggs - Chick - Hen or Rooster. The life cycle of a Australorp is Eggs - Chick - Chicken.

Here is an image when Miss Johns was showing us the life cycle of a Silkie and Australorp.

Here is another picture of me with the chick.

















Here is a picture of the adoptive mother and the chick


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Tukitavaka,

    My name is Megan, and I will be one of the people blogging with you this summer for the Summer Learning Journey. Wow, what an awesome experience getting up close to a mother and hen. I really like how you told us about how the Silkie chick had no mother so was adopted by the Australorp chicken. Do you know whether the chicken found it hard to bond with the chick?

    I am thrilled that you've registered for the Summer Learning Journey with us. I know it can sometimes be tricky to get started. I have included a link to the week one activities, but remember, you can do them in any order! Check out the activities on our website, and then post your responses to the activities here on your blog site.

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities/week-one

    I am so excited to read more of your posts!

    Have a lovely day,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.